HEAD OF THE COMMISSION
Lecturer (PhD.) Özge BAŞAĞAÇ
MEMBER OF THE COMMISSIONS
Assist.Prof. (PhD) Belgin TERİM ÇAVKA
Assist.Prof. (PhD) İlknur UYGUN
Assist.Prof. (PhD) Ecehan ÖZMEHMET
Res. Assist. Fulya ÖZBEY
Res. Assist. Selin AKTAN
Internship Online Application Information Form
INTERNSHIP IMPLEMENTATION FUNDAMENTALS
202-2023 ACADEMIC YEAR
The students of Yaşar University are obliged to engage in an internship in accordance with the Internship Instructions of Yaşar University.
In case of requests for internship in the academic year or summer school, the “Internship Implementation Fundamentals will be applied.
The duration of each internship is 20 workdays. The Internship involves two parts; internship of construction site and internship of office.
1.Students undertake their internship in principle during the summer months.
2. Students who have completed an internship in the summer months are registered and evaluated within the internship course (INAR3333&4433) after the completion of the internship. If these students are in graduation, graduation procedures are carried out (This only applies to those students who are obliged to take internship course for graduation).
3.If there are students who can graduate at the end of the Fall/Spring semester, with the other courses that they have to take, they can enroll in the internship course if their weekly schedule is appropriate. In this case, the Departmental Internship Commission will announce the submission dates. (Students who are able to carry out the internship course together with the other courses they take)
4.Students who are going to graduate at the end of the summer semester are required to register for the summer practice course at the Summer School.
5. Students who were in the Erasmus+ program has to enroll INAR3333 and INAR4433 courses in the first semester after their arrival. Students submit their internship files within the general procedure.
The route to be taken by students during their internship period:
- Starting from the fall semester, students are to search for firms that are in conformity with the features mentioned in Part 2. The fact that the company is approved by the internship commission, it does not mean that the internship is going to be valid. The students are obliged to learn whether the content of their internship is in accordance with the requirements of Part 2.
- The student will fill in the necessary information on the staj.yasar.edu.tr page and make a preliminary application, taking into account the application deadline announced by the faculty. The student whose preliminary application has been approved must upload the form signed by the company to the system.
- The student, whose application is approved in the online system, will print out the approved document and sign and stamp it to the representative of the company he / she wishes to do internship and then will scan the document and upload it to the online system. (Thus, the insurance procedure is completed). In case a firm selected by the students demands documents which state that the students have to serve their internship, the students can download the Internship Obligation Form and get the form approved by the Office of Head Department and hand in the form to the firm.(Unless selected firms demand this form, students do not have to arrange it.)
- Students have to download The Internship Evaluation Form, The Internship Acquirements Report and The Internship Record Book.
a) The Internship Evaluation Form: At the end of the period of internship the form is to be signed and stamped by company representative Company representative scanned document should send via e-mail to [email protected] with the title of “İç Mimarlık ve Çevre Tasarımı Staj”. The second page of the internship evaluation form is internship record book control form and replaces the signature of the company official on each page in the internship record book.
b1) The Internship Acquirements Report: This form involves the positive and negative parts in which the students state what they gained from the internship, the contribution of their education to the internship and any points they found inadequate during their internship. Each part has to include 150 words minimum. The language of The Internship Acquirements Report is supposed to be English and to be typed through a computer.
b2) The Internship Acquirements Presentation: It is a presentation that summarizes the student’s gains during the internship, the contribution of his/her education to the internship, the points that are missing during the internship process, the positive and negative aspects and includes sample images. The language of the Internship Acquirements Presentation is English and it is expected to be prepared online. The presentation should contain 3 slides: Positive aspects of the internship, negative aspects of the internship, sample images. The student will present his/her file during the midterm week.
c) The Internship Record Book: This notebook is a record of each days work and the student’s contribution to the work are presented in detail with the help of visual aids. Every information in this notebook (daily tracked works, drawings and visuals) must be in line with the format in the website. Students are responsible for keeping track of the work and recording it on daily basis in the Internship Record Book. (At least 150 words for each day.) The Internship Record Book must be absolutely typed by means of computer. The language may be either Turkish or English.
Each page of the internship record book will not be signed by the company representative, and the following method will be followed:
1. The student must convert the internship record book into a PDF file with a maximum size of 4 MB.
2. The student must send the internship record book in PDF file and the internship evaluation form (word file) to the company representative.
3. The company representative should control internship record book and fill the single form (internship evaluation form). Both pages must be signed separately and converted into PDF.4. The company representative should send the checked internship record book and signed internship evaluation form as pdf to [email protected] with the subject of “İç Mimarlık ve Çevre Tasarımı Staj”. (Each mail must have 2 attachments)
5. Students who completed their internship must submit their internship files within the indicated dates. Students must scan The Internship Acquirements Report, The Internship Record Book and upload to the Sakai system together with The Internship Acquirements Presentation, within the announced dates as one PDF file. (The Internship Committee may ask for the original internship files if it is needed.) Drawings and visualizations for the office internship will be uploaded to the Sakai system as a separate file. The Internship Evaluation Form must be submitted via e-mail.
6. As a result of the evaluation by the Commission of Internship, the students will be graded with “S” for successful and with “U” for unsuccessful results. The students considered unsuccessful must redo their internship. Also, if the student do the internship and enrolled the course but did not submit the internship files the student achieves “U” grade. In this case, the student has to enroll the course within the following semester and submit the internship files within the announced dates by the Departmental Internship Commission.
7. If a student is required to revise his/her Internship Record Book after the evaluation by the Commission of Internship, the student will be informed about it. The student must upload their revised Internship Record Book to the ‘Sakai’ system within the 10 workdays after the revision announcement by the Departmental Internship Commission.
8. If a student has completed his/her internship but did not enroll the courses: the student has to enroll the course within the following semester and submit the internship files within the announced dates by the Departmental Internship Commission.
Important Notice: For commission evaluation of internship reports, the internship date reported to the Department Internship Commission, the total number of days and the place should be the same as the submitted internship report. All the documents to be delivered with the internship report stated in the internship regulations must be delivered on time and in full.
Internship reports that provide these conditions will be evaluated on a total score of 100: %70 is for the training record book. (50% for detailed content, 20% for images and attachments), 25% for professional acquirements, and 5% the for evaluation form from the company executive. Depending on these three criteria, students need to achieve at least 50 score out of 100 to be considered as successful.
|The Internship Record Book||70%|
|Detailed content (%50) (Please pay attention to separate one page and to write at least 150 words for each day.)|
|Visuals and attachments (Quality and accuracy of the visuals and numeric references.) (%20)|
|The Internship Acquirements Report and Presentation||25%|
|The Internship Evaluation Form||5%|
The Periods and the Qualities of Internship:
It is highly recommended for the students of the Department of Interior Architecture and Environmental Design to have taken the INAR 2233 and INAR 2234 courses before doing the construction site internship. Students who have successfully completed the construction site internship are eligible to do their office internship at the end of the 6th semester after taking INAR 3334.
A.The Internship of Construction Site
Department students with the above qualifications are obliged to do internship for 20 workdays at construction sites, which are supervised by the Chamber of Architects/Interior Architects and have the quality of architectural work.
The students must select the course of INAR 3333 Summer Practice (Construction Site) during the course registration period that follows their internship period. In order to enroll INAR 3333 course the student has to pass ISG 9110 (ISG9120 for foreign students) course. If the student did not enroll the INAR 3333 course, she/he must enroll within the following semester. The submission of the internship files is only possible if the student enrolled on the course.
In the construction site where students do their internship, the level of rough construction work must be completed and the level of fine construction must be in progress. Students must be able to keep track of the process of finishing coat, ceramic, drywall, furnishing and so on. The students must observe the whole process of fine construction respectively and must define it in the Internship Record Book.
The Records Book which involves information about only the rough construction work and does not give enough information about the fine construction will not be evaluated.
During the period of 20 workdays, students may go to the multiple construction fields of the firm where they do their internship and observe different stages and details.
While students are recording their works, they must describe it technically and must support their descriptions with visual materials. (Photos, sketches-verbal and visual description must coexist).
The internship period must be authenticated by means of colored photos as evidence that the manufacturing process has been observed through the different stages. The photos must be numbered and must include captions.
At least one page should be reserved for each day in the Internship Book, the number should be increased according to the needs, and the internship book should be scanned and uploaded onto the “Sakai” system. Students must keep the books so that the original of the file may be requested if necessary. The Internship Evaluation Form should be delivered to the Departmental Internship Commission via e-mail.
B.The Internship of Office:
The students with the of Department of Interior Architecture and Environmental Design who have the above qualifications are obliged to do internship of office at offices, which are supervised by the Chamber of Architects/Interior Architects for 20 workdays minimum. Company manager or responsible interior architect / architect in the workplace where the internship will be held; this profession must have been working for at least 5 years.
Students must select the course of INAR 4433 Summer Practice (Office) during the course registration period that follows their internship period. If the student did not enroll on the INAR 4433 course, she/he has to enroll within the following semester. Students have to treat time in the most efficient way in the course of internship. At the end of the internship, students are expected to have the ability to practice their knowledge by taking advantage of their education. During the internship, students must engage with the stages of design and drawing of architectural projects and must contribute to these stages. (The students from interior architecture must observe interior design, application projects and the details of project.)
The students must record their work done and observed on the Record Book and must support it with visual elements (drawings, tables etc…).
Each visual element on the Training Record Book requires an explanation with a numeric system. This explanation should be about the students’ effort, contribution and the aim of the visual.
At least one page should be reserved for each day in the Internship Book, the number of pages for each day can be increased if needed, and the internship book should be scanned and uploaded into the ‘Sakai’ system. Students must keep the books so that the original of the file may be requested if necessary. The drawings prepared via AutoCAD, 3Dsmax, ArchiCAD, Photoshop being in the format are supposed to be submitted to the Sakai system as another file. The Internship Evaluation Form should be delivered to the Departmental Internship Commission via e-mail.
The points that should be paid special attention in the internship report are emphasized below:
1.At least 1 page must be used for each day of the internship. Each day should be explained with at least 150 words.
2.The meaning of the preparation of each visual and drawing should be detailed. Each drawing should be assigned a number and the descriptions should be associated with these numbers.
3.Considering that the students’ acquirements are important, the gains achieved during the day should be especially emphasized.
4.It is important to share the experience for the office internships, if the design is applied in real life. The student is expected to emphasize this.
5.It should be noted that the commission will evaluate the student’s effort. Therefore, it is important to share the personal experiences and achievements of the report.
C.ERASMUS+ Student Placement (Internship)
Placement is a process of a higher education student in a business enterprise or organization of a program country to have vocational training and/or obtaining work experience.
With the Erasmus+ Internship, you can earn international work experience, a certain amount of financial support (grants) for internship costs, and recognition of the internship process with an ECTS credit. Internship (public-private) can be done in all departments that match the department of Interior Architecture and Environmental Design and a business that is compatible with the professional field. (European Union institutions and EU agencies, organizations carrying out EU programs and grant recipients, diplomatic missions are not eligible.)
Erasmus Internship, EU countries (Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Germany, Estonia, Ireland, Greece, Spain, France, Croatia, Italy, Cyprus, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Hungary, Malta, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, Finland, Sweden, the United Kingdom) and the Non-EU Member States of the Program (Macedonia, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway).
To find an internship place;
erasmus.yasar.edu.tr (“Erasmus placement calls” section) and Information can be obtained from the Erasmus Department Coordinators. Erasmus internship grants are announced annually and delivered as 70% before departure and 30% after completion.
The students who continue their education after the Erasmus internship should enroll to the INAR333 or INAR4433 course in the following semester. The internship files should be submitted until the following Monday at end of the add-drop week. Otherwise, the internship will be invalid.
- Grade average: %50
Undergraduate students: 2.20 / 4.00
- Foreign language proficiency 50% (It is required to score 50 points at the examination of the English proficiency test of Yaşar University, which will be arranged after the application.)
(While the academic achievement and the foreign language score averages of the students who have benefited from mobility within the Erasmus program have been calculated within the same learning stage, a reduction of 10 points is applied for each activity previously used.) The selection criteria are determined by quotas and available grants.
It is also possible to become an intern without grants.
Step 1: Acceptance letter from the institution to be interned (A detailed file / portfolio delivery to be provided by the student is given to the Internship Commission with the application.) After the research, the internship institution will be approved or not.
Step 2: Completing the online application
Step 3: Receiving the application form and submitting it to the Erasmus Department Coordinator before the date of the announcement together with the additional documentation
Documents to be attached to the signed application form
Letter of acceptance
Language document (if any)
Online language support (OLS)
Students who will attend Erasmus program will be subject to an online language exam before and after the mobility. (Students whose mother tongue is one of the languages below are exempt from this rule). These exams are available in six different languages, which are German, English, Spanish, French, Italian and Dutch. There is a possibility to provide a language support to students whose first exam grade is low. If a student does not complete the first language exam, it is not possible to sign a contract with the student and accordingly students are not sent abroad.
- Submitting required documents complete & on time
- Arranging accommodation
- Getting necessary visas & insurance
The application date is announced on the web page of erasmus.yasar.edu.tr